NEWARK, Ohio, April 7, 2020 — The Workforce Development Innovation Center (WDIC) at Central Ohio Technical College (COTC) recognizes that area employers are the engine that will continue to drive the local economy. While urgent workforce needs have shifted dramatically in the last weeks, many area employers are taking proactive steps now to upskill staff remotely in preparation for future increased productivity demands. To support local employers, the WDIC is now offering its frequently requested employee training programs in a remote format.
WDIC Employee Training Now Available Remotely:
- Leading Effective Virtual (or in-person) Meetings
- Core Communication: The Basics of Communicating Effectively
- Maximize Your Communication: Including a Communication Style Assessment
- Customer Experience & the Hierarchy of Customer Needs
- Learning to Lead: Shifting from an Employee to a Leadership Mindset
- Excel Basic, Excel Intermediate, and Excel Advanced
- Lean Processes for Every Work Environment
- Lean/ Six Sigma White Belt training
- Computer Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, & MS Project)
- Ohio TechCred training provider: Employers could receive up to a $2,000 reimbursement for each approved credential employees earn. Read about Ohio's TechCred program at techcred.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/techcred/apply.
- VitalPass Leadership, Sales, and Organizational Effectiveness Series
- VitalPass Leadership Essentials Series
Stackable Training Modules
E-learning modules designed to be completed individually or to complement each other in a series are also available. For example, a need for communication development training could include three e-learning courses such as Listening, Body Language and Reframing the Question/Response. All e-learning modules can be tailored for specific employee and organizational needs.
To register or learn more about these programs, please visit cotc.edu/wdic or contact Vicki Maple, EdD, vice president, economic development and workforce solutions, at 740.364.9565 or email@example.com.
The WDIC is committed to improving the skills of the local workforce and to grow economic development in Ohio, providing a competitive edge and furthering the mission of COTC to meet the technical education and training needs of students and employers in the area.
COTC is a fully accredited, public college dedicated to providing high-quality, accessible programs of technical education in response to current and emerging employment needs. COTC is the only technical college in Ohio operating four full-service campus locations: Newark, Coshocton, Knox and Pataskala.