| The Testing Center|
Hours of operation
Register Blast has LAUNCHED!
All testing in the Testing Center must be scheduled through Register Blast
Students scheduling for ATI TEAS should go to
The Central Ohio Technical College Testing Center invites you to begin scheduling your appointments online today.
The Testing Center now requires students to use Register Blast to schedule testing times to ensure high-quality service free of delay.
Students can register with only one-day notice. Those with testing accommodations should register three days in advance.
If you encounter problems, call the Testing Center at 740.366.9417.
The Testing Center for Central Ohio Technical College and The Ohio State University at Newark is located in Hopewell 88. Many types of tests are administered in the Testing Center, including ACCUPLACER placement testing, ATI TEAS and classroom testing, distance learning testing, missed classroom tests, and class tests for students with authorized accommodations. All testing is done individually – that is, no full classes are proctored.
Students should check with the Testing Center regarding the open hours available. During the autumn and spring semesters, Monday through Thursday, the last test is handed out at 6:00 pm; all testing must cease at 6:45 p.m. On Friday, the last test is handed out at 3:00 pm and tests are collected at 3:45 p.m.
Instructors determine the amount of time allotted for each exam; therefore, students must arrive early enough to allow themselves at least this much time to complete any exams before the Testing Center closes.
Please be advised that if you receive extended time to also allot for the additional time when planning to come in to test.
All students must have a photo I.D. to take any kind of test.
Students should not bring food or drinks to the Testing Center.
Exams requiring a computer must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
No hats, coats, gloves, scarves, hoodies, or watches are allowed in the testing room.
- No breaks are permitted once testing has begun.
Heidi K. Hartley MPA - Testing Center Coordinator
Hopewell Hall, room 88
1179 University Drive
Newark, OH 43055
(740) 366-9417 | (614) 292-4094 (Cols.)
1-800-9NEWARK (Ohio) | (740) 364-9641 (FAX)
The Testing Center provides a testing space for students with documented disabilities. Their accommodations may include extended time, soundproof room, a reader and/or scribe.
Please call the Testing Center for more information on using your accommodations.
ATI TEAS TEST
The Testing Center proctors the ATI TEAS test for students applying to COTC’s Allied Health and/or Nursing programs.
- Register for TEAS at atitesting.com
- Test dates and times are posted on the ATI website under Nursing. (Allied Health students select Nursing and register here.)
- Tests are given at all COTC campuses. Please note: The Knox campus is listed as Mount Vernon, the Pataskala campus is listed as Reynoldsburg.
- Know/bring your username and password.
- No electronics, calculators, bags, jackets, food or drinks are permitted in the testing lab.
- The test starts promptly at the designated time for the day you register, and you MUST arrive 30 minutes prior to the start time. Sign-in starts 20 minutes prior and ceases 10 minutes before session start time. Student who arrive late will not be permitted to test, and registration will have to be completed again to take the exam on another day. For morning sessions students who arrive after 8:20 will not be permitted to test. For afternoon session students who arrive after12:20 will not be permitted to test.
- Testing sessions have limited seating so it is advisable to register early to guarantee a seat.
If you have accommodations through the Office of Disability Services, you MUST call the Testing Center BEFORE you register. When you call you will be given further instructions.
No physical calculators are permitted, but one is embedded on the test within the sections that allow it.
Retesting for TEAS:
While there is no limit to the number of times a student may take the ATI TEAS, only the most current/recent scores will be taken into consideration during the selection process. If you decide to retest, you must schedule and pay again through ATI. After you have scheduled, it is important you contact the Testing Center at least 24 hours before your testing appointment at 740-364-9676 to let the Testing Coordinator know that you are testing for the second time. Failure to contact the Testing Coordinator will result in your not being permitted to access a test on the day you have scheduled. You will be required to reschedule and pay the fee again.
The Testing Center is a member of the National College Testing Association and adheres to their Professional Standards and Guidelines.