The Testing Center at Newark will be available for both remote and on campus testing for Autumn Semester 2020. The majority of our seats for on campus testing will be reserved for students using accommodations. All tests that are able to be proctored remotely will be administered in that manner.
If you would like to make an appointment take a test on campus, please use the RegisterBlast button below. If you do not see your type of test listed, please call the front desk for assistance. If you would like to make an appointment for remote proctoring, please call the front desk. You must leave a voicemail, as there may not be a person physically present to pick up the phone. We are monitoring the voicemail throughout the day and will return your call as soon as we are able to do so.
We will continue to make every effort to serve students in the best way possible. While we have significant limitations at this time, we will always try to find creative solutions for our students. Please reach out to us if you are experiencing any problems or have any questions.
*Please note, that all information is subject to change as new circumstance arise. We will comply with new state, local, and college requirements as they are implemented.*
Testing Center Coordinator
All on campus tests must be scheduled through Register Blast.
Please click below.
- All exams must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
- If your test is not listed, please contact the Testing Center for more information.
- All students taking tests, either on campus or remotely, must have a photo ID.
- Students taking tests on campus will not be permitted to bring large items, such as purses and backpacks into the Testing Center. We have minimal storage space available for smaller items such as keys and phones.
- All students should bring their own writing utensil and, if needed, calculator.
- Students are required to wear a mask at all locations on campus.
If you encounter problems, call the Testing Center at 740.366.9417.
The Testing Center for Central Ohio Technical College and The Ohio State University at Newark is located in Hopewell 88. Many types of tests are administered in the Testing Center, including ACCUPLACER placement testing, ATI TEAS and classroom testing, distance learning testing, missed classroom tests, and class tests for students with authorized accommodations. All testing is done individually – that is, no full classes are proctored.
Instructors determine the amount of time allotted for each exam; therefore, students must arrive early enough to allow themselves at least this much time to complete any exams before the Testing Center closes.
Please be advised that if you receive extended time to also allot for the additional time when planning to come in to test.
All students must have a photo I.D. to take any kind of test.
Students should not bring food or drinks to the Testing Center.
Exams requiring a computer must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
No hats, coats, gloves, scarves, hoodies, or watches are allowed in the testing room.
- No breaks are permitted once testing has begun.
Heidi K. Hartley MPA - Testing Center Coordinator
Hopewell Hall, room 88
1179 University Drive
Newark, OH 43055
(740) 366-9417 | (614) 292-4094 (Cols.)
Extended Campus Testing
If you need to take a test on any of our extended campuses, please contact the Student Success Liaison for your campus. Appointments are required.
The Testing Center provides a testing space for students with documented disabilities. Their accommodations may include extended time, soundproof room, a reader and/or scribe.
- Please call the Testing Center for more information on using your accommodations.
- Register for TEAS at atitesting.com
- Test dates and times are posted on the ATI website under Nursing. (Allied Health students select Nursing and register here.)
- Tests are given at all COTC campuses. Please note: The Knox campus is listed as Mount Vernon, the Pataskala campus is listed as Reynoldsburg.
- Know/bring your username and password.
- No electronics, calculators, bags, jackets, food or drinks are permitted in the testing lab.
- The test starts promptly at the designated time for the day you register, and you MUST arrive 30 minutes prior to the start time. Sign-in starts 20 minutes prior and ceases 10 minutes before session start time. Student who arrive late will not be permitted to test, and registration will have to be completed again to take the exam on another day. For morning sessions students who arrive after 8:20 will not be permitted to test. For afternoon session students who arrive after12:20 will not be permitted to test.
- Testing sessions have limited seating so it is advisable to register early to guarantee a seat.
If you have accommodations through the Office of Disability Services, you MUST call the Testing Center BEFORE you register. When you call you will be given further instructions.
No physical calculators are permitted, but one is embedded on the test within the sections that allow it.
Retesting for TEAS:
While there is no limit to the number of times a student may take the ATI TEAS , only the most current/recent scores will be taken into consideration during the selection process. If you decide to retest, you must schedule and pay again through ATI. After you have scheduled, it is important you contact the Testing Center at least 24 hours before your testing appointment at 740-364-9676 to let the Testing Coordinator know that you are testing for the second time. Failure to contact the Testing Coordinator will result in your not being permitted to access a test on the day you have scheduled. You will be required to reschedule and pay the fee again.
Testing Center Mission Statement
The Ohio State University at Newark and Central Ohio Technical College Testing Center provides accessible, secure, and confidential testing services to both students and community members in an optimal testing environment. We strive to preserve academic integrity and support the academic mission of excellence held by both institutions. This is accomplished by adhering to the National College Testing Association’s Professional Standards and Guidelines.
The Testing Center is a member of the National College Testing Association and adheres to their Professional Standards and Guidelines.