Creating Experience For Life
Student Activities within the Office of Student Life seeks to provide diverse programming to enhance the cultural, intellectual and social growth of the Newark campus community. Each semester there are a variety of cultural, educational and social programs that supplement the learning atmosphere of the campus. Cultural programs include visits to museums, concerts, master classes and weekend overnight excursions. Educational programs include lectures, debates, films and open forums on topics of regional, national and international interest. Social programs round out the activities program and include leadership workshops, leisure, community service events, treks, sports events and theme events. Make the most of your Newark campus experience - get involved and create expericences for life!
Why Should You Become Involved on Campus?
This is a good question! It is one all students ask themselves constantly during their college experience. Such decisions may range from joining a student organization, applying for a campus leadership position, or simply joining others for a social event. When a student finds a group that they connect with, there are many benefits to be gained, which include:
- Offers valuable opportunities to learn more about the campus and fosters connections to faculty and staff members.
- Assists in meeting new friends and interacting with others; when we share an identity with a group, this helps us stay in college and to succeed.
- Provides constructive co-curricular, social, and recreational opportunities.
- Compliments the classroom by allowing practical application of classroom concepts, theories, and principles.
- Affords “real-life” experiences in areas such as citizenship, work and relationships.
- Enhances self-initiative, independence, responsibility, and time-management.
- Promotes the development of leadership skills, confidence in social skills, and promotes effective listening.
- Provides practical experience in collaboration, teamwork, and being an effective group member.
- Presents opportunities for planning, managing and decision-making.
- Assists in the development of purpose, values and a philosophy of life.
Check out some of the many ways you can become involved on campus.