30 minutes prior to the start of the test, students who are testing at the Newark Campus are to report directly to the COTC Testing Center in Hopewell 88, to sign in. For those testing at any other campus location (Pataskala (Reynoldsburg), Coshocton, and Knox) check-in at The Gateway front desk and they will direct you. No-shows and late arrivals will not receive a refund of the registration fee.
10 minutes before the test begins, all examinees must be signed in and in their seats and ready to test.
Students MUST bring: Photo ID, ATI username & password, & pen/pencil for scratch work.
Students MAY NOT bring: food, drinks, candy, gum, books, notes, calculator, cell phones or any other electronic devices.
Coats, jackets, hoodies, ball caps, and sunglasses cannot be worn while testing.
There are no breaks during testing and students are not permitted to leave the testing room once the test has begun unless authorized through the Office for Disability Services. Students should take care of personal business prior to the start of the test.
Testing Center staff may stop the test of any student who does not follow these procedures and expectations.
Disability Services for Testing:
Students requiring disability accommodations should contact the Testing Center Coordinator for further instructions on scheduling. Students who wish to utilize disability accommodations must have already met with the Office for Disability Services. If you have testing accommodations through the Office for Disability Services, you must contact the Testing Center before you schedule your TEAS test to be sure that the necessary accommodations can be provided on the day you plan to take your test. Failure to contact the Testing Coordinator ahead of time will result in testing accommodations not being available on the day of the test.
While there is no limit to the number of times a student may take the ATI TEAS, only the most current/recent scores will be taken into consideration during the selection process. If you decide to retest, you must schedule and pay again through ATI. After you have scheduled, it is important that you contact the Testing Center at least 24 hours before your testing appointment at 740-364-9676 to let the Testing Coordinator know that you are testing for the second time. Failure to contact the Testing Coordinator will result in you not being permitted to access a test on the day you have scheduled. You will be required to reschedule and pay the fee again.
Taking the ATI TEAS elsewhere:
If a student should decide to take ATI TEAS at a location outside of COTC, then he or she is responsible for ensuring that ATI TEAS sends their scores to COTC electronically by the deadline date for application to their program of interest.
About the ATI TEAS Test
- Time limit is 209 minutes total.
- Reading is 64 minutes with 47 questions. The Reading portion constitutes 31% of the overall score.
- Mathematics is 54 minutes with 32 questions. The Mathematics portion constitutes 22% of the overall score.
- Science is 63 minutes with 47 questions. The Science portion constitutes 31% of the overall score.
- English and Language Usage is 28 minutes with 24 questions. The English and Language Usage portion constitutes 16% of the overall score.
- Results will be stored in the student's ATI account under the 'My Results' tab and can be accessed from any computer with internet access may be printed at leisure after testing has concluded. Students may not print test results in the Testing Center, but they may take a moment after the exam to review their scores.
Preparing for the Test
Study guides are available at the Newark Campus Bookstore, for limited check-out at Newark Campus Library, at extended campuses, or through the ATI website at www.atitesting.com
Resources are also available through the ATI website on ATI TEAS Prep
.Questions or concerns regarding these or any other testing policies should be directed to the Testing Center Coordinator.