Newark Campus Recreational Sports provides intramural, recreation, and fitness opportunities for students of Central Ohio Technical College and The Ohio State University at Newark.
Spring Semester Hours
- Monday 6:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Tuesday 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 6:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Thursday 6:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Friday 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday Noon - 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday 4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
The Adena Recreation Center will be closed on January 20 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
The gymnasium only will be closed on these dates for a campus event:
- January 30 and 31 - Groundhog Breakfast
- March 1 - National Girls and Women Sports Day
Hours of operation vary depending on the time of the year and special events taking place in the gymnasium. the center is closed when campus offices are closed. If you have questions about specific daily hours of operation, please contact the center directly: 740-755-7104. Adena Hall is located at 1159 University Drive.
Adena Fitness and Wellness Challenge
Push yourself to new heights. Participate in the Adena Fitness and Wellness Challenge!
January 6 to March 23, 2020
For more information go to IMLeagues.com or click here.
Adena Recreation Center
The Adena Recreation Center is open throughout the day and evening for recreational use by students, faculty, and staff of the Newark campus. Participants must present their BUCK-ID for entry to the facility.
Over 10,000 square feet of space
• State-of-the-art cardio machines
• New weight equipment and racks
• 1500 square feet
• Wood floors and mirrored walls
• Multipurpose grass turf field 50 yds x 80 yds
• Used for multiple sports and classes
• 14,000 square feet of space
• 2 full size basketball courts or
• 2 full volleyball courts
Intramural Sports - Leagues or Tournaments
• Flag football
• 3v3 Basketball
• Ping Pong
• Indoor Soccer (futsal)
• Strength Competition Lifting
• Strength Competition Crossfit
• Cornhole Tournament
• Golf Scramble
• Ultimate Frisbee
• Race to the Finish 5K
Alumni Membership Information and Registration
• Our student staff is a key component in our approach to fulfill our mission, vision and values of the Student Life and Recreation Sports Programs.
Hours of operation vary depending on the time of the year and special events taking place in the gymnasium. If you have questions about specific daily hours of operation, please contact the center directly: 740-755-7104. Adena Hall is located at 1159 University Drive.
Recreation Sports Calendar