A resident of Mount Vernon, Mr. Yance retired in 2011 after working thirty-three years for First-Knox National Bank. He was CFO from 1978 – 2002 and served as president from 2002 – 2011. After his retirement, he served as chairman of the board.
Some of Yance’s community involvement (also serving in a leadership role for some) has included:
- Knox Community Hospital
- Area Development Foundation of Knox County
- Community Foundation of Mount Vernon and Knox County
- Mount Vernon and Knox Chamber of Commerce
- Mount Vernon Rotary Club and Rotary Foundation
- Central Ohio Technical College – Knox Campus Advisory Board member
- Village Network/Knox County Children’s Resource Center
- Mount Vernon Board of City Income Tax Appeals
- United Way of Knox County
- Salvation Army
- Owl Creek Conservancy
Yance holds a Bachelor of Business Administration and his Master’s in Business Administration from Ohio University.
Gordy and his wife, Fran, have two adult children who also reside in Knox County.