As part of an initiative to ensure that Central Ohio Technical College students are financially literate for their lifetime, COTC has partnered with American Student Assistance to create a financial education program for our current students as well as our alumni. This program is called Salt.
Salt was created by American Student Assistance to help students become more financially savvy and helps students make smart money decisions. COTC is providing all of its services—including the membership—free of charge
Activating the Salt membership allows you take advantage of members-only features, like:
- Interactive money management tools that show how to take control of your finances.
- A personal dashboard that tracks all of your student loans in one place.
- Loan advice from Salt's expert counselors.
- Salt Courses: a self-paced, online training resource that teaches practical money management strategies for budgeting, credit management, and more.
- Access to thousands of jobs and internships to jumpstart your career.
- Exclusive benefits that help you save and spend smart.
- Other resources: Repayment Navigator, Know What You Owe, and Scholarship Search