Here are the steps to getting started:
- Complete your FREE application on line
- No essays
- No application fee
- 10-15 minutes to complete
- Submit your official high school transcript or GED.
- Your high school transcript can be used to place you out of certain coursework or in to higher coursework*
- For students transferring, submit all previous college transcripts.
- In order for students to receive credit for prior coursework, we need official transcripts on file.
- Meet with an Academic Advisor in The Gateway to help answer any questions y ou may have.
- Your Academic Advisor will be your guide throughout your collegiate career with COTC
- Some students may be required to take the ACCUPLACER placement test to determine course placement. COTC uses multiple measures for course placement, which means prior college coursework, high school GPA and courses, college admission tests (ACT/SAT), CLEP, Advanced Placement (AP) scores/International Baccalaureate (IB) scores, and/or College Placement Test may be used to place you into courses.
- To schedule the ACCUPLACER, contact the
Gateway. Visit cotc.edu/ACCUPLACER for more information.
- We encourage students to prepare for the ACCUPLACER assessment. Visit cotc.edu/accuplacer to access resources to ensure you put your best foot forward when taking the ACCUPLACER assessment.
- Attend a New Student Orientation and register for your classes!
- During orientation, you will learn about the resources your campus offers you to be successful and register for your COTC classes.
- See upcoming orientation dates here .
Click here for upcoming semester start dates.