As of June 9, 2020, funds
on the HEERF funding have been exhausted.
Central Ohio Technical College COVID-19 Funding Report
On April 22, 2020, Central Ohio Technical College was granted funding under the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) to provide emergency grants to students impacted by COVID-19. To receive the grant, enrolled students must complete the Emergency Financial Grant Application, have demonstrated eligibility for federal financial aid and not be enrolled solely in an online program when courses were changed to remote delivery.
In addition to disbursing these funds, COTC must report to the public within 30 days of receipt of the funds how the funds are being used.
- Central Ohio Technical College acknowledges the College signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement and assures the College will use no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- Central Ohio Technical College received a total of $833,625 from the Department of Education pursuant to the institution's Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
Central Ohio Technical College has distributed a total of $846,042 as of June 9, 2020.
- Central Ohio Technical College estimates that 2072 students at the college are eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- A total of 518 students have been awarded Emergency Financial Aid Grants as of June 9, 2020.
- The Office of Financial Aid is using an application process to allow students to request funds for their expenses with a maximum allowable grant amount of $2000.
- All eligible students were notified by email of their eligibility and application process. The email included what the grant could be used for, who is eligible to apply, how to apply (including a link to the grant application) and an explanation of how grants would be awarded as outlined below:
NOTE: As of June 9, 2020, the allocated Emergency Grant Funds have been exhausted.
To apply for the grant, complete the one-page Emergency Financial Aid Grant application. The Office of Financial Aid is prepared to respond quickly to applications after determining eligibility based on each student's circumstances.
What the grant can be used for:
Expenses related to the disruption of campus operations as a result of the coronavirus such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health and child/dependent care expenses.
Who is eligible:
Students who complete the Emergency Financial Aid Grant Application and have demonstrated eligibility for federal financial aid.
How to apply:
- Complete the Emergency Financial Aid Grant Application. The grant is no longer available. Funds have been exhausted.
How grants will be awarded:
If you are approved for funding, funds will be disbursed to you by direct deposit or paper check. To expedite the receipt of funds, students are encouraged to set up direct deposit in myCOTC. All other funds will be mailed to the student's permanent address on file.
For questions or more information, contact the Office of Financial Aid at 740.366.9435 or by email.