Law Enforcement Technology - Statement of Purpose and Learning Outcomes
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the Law Enforcement technology Program at Central Ohio Technical College is to prepare qualified individuals for entry-level positions as a law-enforcement officer through knowledge-based learning, demonstrated skills proficiencies, experiential learning through structural simulation, and practical experience in an ethical and professional manner consistent with court decisions, community expectations, and federal, state, and local laws.
- Demonstrate competency requirements in entry-level positions as a certified law enforcement officer.
- Identify and demonstrate problem-solving skills that will correlate to those they will be challenged by as a law enforcement officer upon employment.
- Perform their duties in an ethical and professional manner with the highest regard for the United States Constitution and the rights of others.
- Develop independent and lifelong learning and work habits.
- Prepare to meet state requirements for state certification as a peace officer.
- Prepare to transfer to a four-year college or university to receive a baccalaureate degree in Law Enforcement or Criminal Justice after completing their two-year degree of Applied Science at Central Ohio Technical College.