Criminal Justice Technology - Statement of Purpose and Learning Outcomes
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the Criminal Justice Technology Program at Central Ohio Technical College is to prepare qualified individuals for entry-level positions in the expanded profession of Criminal Justice through knowledge-based learning, experiential processes and practical experience in an ethical and professional manner consistent with the court decisions, community expectations and federal, state, and local laws.
At the completion of the Criminal Justice Technology plan of study the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate competency requirements in entry-level positions in the Criminal Justice System.
- Demonstrate knowledge through the study of general education courses with enhanced communications skills (both written and spoken), and a comprehensive knowledge of human behavior dynamics through the behavioral science courses.
- Identify and demonstrate problem-solving skills that will correlate to those they will be challenged by within their field of technology upon employment.
- Perform their professional duties with highest regard for the United States Constitution.
- Develop independent and lifelong learning habits.
- Prepared to transfer to a four-year college or university to receive a baccalaureate degree in Criminal Justice Technology after completing their two-year degree of Applied Science at Central Ohio Technical College.