Accounting Technology - Statement of Purpose and Learning Outcomes
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the Accounting Technology program is to prepare qualified, competent accountants for entry-level positions to help fulfill the community's needs for accountants in a wide variety of business and not-for-profit organizational settings.
At the completion of the Accounting Technology plan of study the student will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of fundamental accounting principles
- Apply legal and ethical standards in an accounting environment.
- Analyze accounting data and other business information to make informed decisions.
- Use technology programs accepted within the industry to record and present accounting and financial information.
- Present financial and non-financial information through the use of technology to convey clear and concise communication.
- Ability to work as a team member recognizing benefits of collaborative behaviors in the accomplishment of group tasks.
Created/modified: 04/2007 Reviewed: 04/2007