200 North Whitewoman St.
Coshocton, OH 43812
“The mission of Central Ohio Technical College is to meet the technical education and training needs of students and employers in the area.”
The Coshocton Campus was the first extended campus established by COTC. It developed as a collaborative, higher education partnership with Muskingum University; state education leaders have referred to this campus as a model for higher learning. In 2008, the college opened doors to a newly renovated building to provide students with one state-of-the-art location for all classes and services in the new Montgomery Hall. This facility includes 15 new classrooms, laboratory space, lecture hall, nursing lab, distance learning classroom, and community room.
2014 Coshocton Campus Advisory Board
Front row: Rick Merrell, Heather Rainwater, Dalton Summers
Back row: Amy Stockdale, Barb Emmons, Jan Myers
Not pictured: Rhoda Crown, Lynn Jacobs, Scott Silvestri
CONTACT THE COSHOCTON CAMPUS
The Coshocton campus has an administrative office located at 200 North Whitewoman Street, Coshocton, OH 43812. Call 740-622-1408. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8: 00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. or by appointment.
Assistant Building Supervisor
Nancy Bradley Marjorie Pickworth
Graduate Advisor MAP Advisor
Workforce Development Innovation Center
1179 University Drive
Newark, OH 43055
- GED Test Center
- Chief Examiner
740-622-1408, Ext. 74444
COTC's Coshocton Campus is the official GED Test Site (Pearson VUE certified) for Coshocton County.
- * GED testing is typically scheduled for the first Thursday of each month.
* Students needs to be at the testing site - Room 444 - at 8:30 a.m., with testing starting at 9:00.
* A photo ID is required to take the test. Completion time depends on the number of subjects taken.
* If needing to reschedule after already registered for a testing group, the student is responsible
for making arrangements with GED Testing Service at 1-877-392-6433 prior to the day of testing.
If done in advance, the student can likely test the next month instead without repayment.
- GED REGISTRATION
Many of the 12 monthly GED testing seats at COTC Coshocton are filled with students from the ABLE Program at Coshocton County Job & Family Services, and enrolled students are guided through the registration process when ready to test. However, seats are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis, so individuals wanting to take the test on their own can do so by completing the following steps (have an established e-mail address and photo ID ready beforehand):
1. Sign up for an Ohio SAFE Account user name and password through the Ohio Department of Education.
2. After SAFE Account registration is finalized (via e-mail confirmation), go to GED.com and sign up for
a MyGED page
3. To obtain a voucher number to help pay for the test (first time only in each subject), agree to voucher
participation on the MyGED registration, then later contact one of the listed Career Technical Planning
Districts (CTPDs) to aquire the voucher.
4. Register to take the test at COTC Coshocton via your MyGED page. If a voucher number was obtained, enter
it at the payment screen before making the remainder of the payment with a debit or credit card. The
entire test consists of four subjects (Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies) and costs $30 per
subject. Students do not have to take all of the subjects the same day.
5. After taking the test, view results within 24 hours on your MyGED page. The official GED Ready practice
test is also available to take on your page for $6 per subject.